Updated: Apr 29, 2019
GF DF VG
Makes 6 palm-sized pancakes
Gut-friendly fibre, essential fatty acids, and a few sneaky therapeutic spices to warm and soothe the digestive system.
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed* (aka linseed)
1 Tbsp whole chia seeds*
¼ cup ground almonds*
1 cup ground oats*
1 cup preferred nut milk
¼ tsp GF baking powder (preferably aluminum free)
A splash of soda water
½ Tsp each: powdered cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix with a fork until even
3. Mixture should resemble a runny paste
4. Heat pan at med-high heat, oil with olive oil, spoon mixture to form palm-sized panackes. Flip when bubbles appear.
5. Serve with poached apple or pear and coconut yoghurt for added fibre and probiotics
*You can buy these ingredients ground however having the whole seed or rolled oat in the cupboard can be more versatile. To grind them yourself simply use a bullet smoothie maker and whiz until mealy. The benefits of using freshly ground product instead of pre-ground from a pack? The essential fatty acids are not oxidised (caused by air, light, heat) and thereby still possess anti-inflammatory properties.