Updated: Jun 22, 2021
GF V Vegan option
Gummies made with gelatin or agar agar are a fun, easy to make, and healthy snack for all ages. Swap out refined sugar sweet and lollies and choose home-made gummies that can even hide plenty of vitamins within for the little ones.
Gelatin of choice – there is now a number of gelatin options on the market, marine based, grass-fed beef, or agar agar (vegan option).
I have chosen ‘GelatinHealth Digestive Health’ a food grade non-hydrolyzed (< this is important for creating a gel-like substance), grass-fed beef gelatin.
GelatinHealth Digestive Health gelatin powder
1 cup filtered water
Juice of a whole lemon
1 Tbsp. raw honey or maple syrup.
1x Punnet Strawberries
1. Simmer 1 cup filtered on medium heat
2. Stir in 1 tablespoon of gelatin powder until dissolved
3. Stir in 1 tablespoon raw honey until dissolved
4. Remove from heat and sit for 1 minute before adding freshly squeezed juice of one medium lemon
5. Pour into silicon molds and place in the fridge for minimum 2 hours or until solid
Carefully remove from molds and enjoy!
TIP / For greater therapeutic benefits, steep herbal tea bags in boiled water for 5-10 minutes before removing and adding gelatin. Use a sleep blend like chamomile, passionflower, lavender, lemon balm for calming gummies, Echinacea and elderberry for immune support, calendula and nettle for skin, or simply whichever is your favourite herbal tea.