Updated: Aug 20, 2018
DF GF V
Makes 3-4 serves
An inexpensive and simple side or savoury breakfast that provides lean protein, B vitamins, fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and E, biotin, and essential fatty acids.
5 free-range eggs*
1/4 small onion sliced
Non-GMO soy tamari
1/2 cup water
1. Whisk eggs in a ceramic bowl. The bowl must fit into a single tier steamer with the lid closed.
2. Add sliced onion, water, and a dash of tamari or a generous sprinkling of unrefined sea salt to egg mix.
3. Boil water in a pot that will be used as the bottom of your steamer. You can use a regular pot that cradles a bamboo steamer or a single-tier saucepan steamer set.
4. Place bowl with mixture into steam basket or top saucepan of steamer and close the lid.
5. Allow water to simmer on medium heat and remove eggs from steamer when light and fluffy.
*Choose free-range and organic eggs where possible. On top of the environmental aspect of egg production, this also lowers the inflammatory profile and increases nutrient density.